Everything you need to know about cellulite; what it looks like, what causes it and how we can improve the appearance/break it down.
Have you ever suffered with dimply appearances on your thighs or buttocks and wondered why it just won’t budge? You exercise regularly, eat a healthy balanced diet and have a good physique?
So what is cellulite? Cellulite does predominantly appear on the thighs or buttocks and it forms when fatty tissue deep in the skin pushes up against connective tissue. This can sometimes be described to have a similar appearance as orange peel texture. The other areas you can find cellulite is your breasts, lower abdomen and upper arms. Cellulite is more common in women than men. Women tend to develop cellulite after puberty and it is more common with ageing due to the fact of skin losing its elasticity.
It is estimated that more than 85% of all women 21 years and older have cellulite.
Why do we still get cellulite when we exercise regularly, eat healthy and have a good physique?
There are many factors that can cause cellulite:
- Poor lymphatic drainage
- Loss of collagen
- Weight gain
The list can go on.
So what can be done to improve the appearance of cellulite?
- If you aren’t already exercising regularly – getting physical will help reduce the appearance. You can find exercises that help that leg area cellulite.
- Drinking plenty of water – this is one we always mention for overall body health. Water can really help when it comes to cellulite as it removes all the toxins which can lead to that fat building up.
- Massage – massage may help cellulite by improving lymphatic drainage
- Avoiding caffeine and stop smoking.
If you have a healthy diet, you are exercising and have done or are doing all the above to help with improving the appearance of cellulite but you are just not getting the results you want. We can help at The Banwell Clinic, we have options that we can discuss with you in a complimentary consultation with our aesthetician.
The options are:
- Skinade targeted solutions – Cellulite
- Non-invasive cellulite treatment – working on shrinking fat cells and improving cellulite.
All of our body treatments at The Banwell Clinic are customised for each individuals needs to get the best results. If you would like to come into the clinic for a consultation to discuss further email email@example.com or call 01342 330302.